A gathering place for Vindictus players of any region or server to get together and discuss the game.

Signatures

Shippuu
    Shippuu
    That Guy
    Server :
    • NA East

IGN : Shippuu

Signatures Empty Signatures

Post by Shippuu Sun May 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Signatures look pretty bad. I confess to not having tested these before unveiling the forums, other than to limit their dimensions.

This post is just to state that I'm aware of how ugly they are, and will look into what to do to fix them.

The primary issue seems to be that they do not sit at the bottom of the post. Once I correct this, they should almost immediately look normal. It will take some time to figure out how though, this is actually a very annoying problem in Web design...
    Shippuu
    Shippuu
    That Guy
    Server :
    • NA East

Signatures Empty Re: Signatures

Post by Shippuu Sun May 01, 2016 1:13 pm

Signatures have been vertically corrected!

I will leave this here as a general feedback thread about Signatures. They still look iffy, partly because Guild Banners make the minimum height of posts so tall.
    strangeland102
    strangeland102
    Server :
    • NA West

IGN : Pelagreena

Signatures Empty Problems with Signature Positioning

Post by strangeland102 Mon May 02, 2016 7:06 am

I seem to have run into a return of problems with vertical positioning when I made the Evie Screenies thread. I temporarily fixed it by putting a break with spaces above it to position the signature lower, but without that the signature is inside of the screenshot at the bottom like this:

Signatures 89a1d9bf28

It seems to happen with posts exceeding a certain length. Having the same happen with this post. Sorry if I'm reiterating something you're already well aware of and thanks for checking it out.

Last edited by strangeland102 on Wed May 04, 2016 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shippuu
    Shippuu
    That Guy
    Server :
    • NA East

Post by Shippuu Mon May 02, 2016 7:28 am

Thanks for the info.

I've just applied a fix. I couldn't figure out a way to apply a dynamic height margin with CSS, so I did it with JavaScript. A function now iterates through posts, and if they have a signature, gives the post contents a margin-bottom with the same height as the signature.

The signatures are position: absolute and so "don't count" for placement purposes, which is why they could get overlapped. The margin-bottom should correct this issue.

At the same time, I replaced the text separator with an hr tag.
    strangeland102
    strangeland102
    Server :
    • NA West

Post by strangeland102 Wed May 04, 2016 3:19 am

Javascript did the trick, thanks for the quick fix! 8D
    strangeland102
    strangeland102
    Server :
    • NA West

Post by strangeland102 Wed May 04, 2016 3:31 am

Noticed another problem although it isn't major and only appears in the preview/edit window for a post. Signatures don't seem to have the same position coding as in finished posts so the preview signature is messed up similarly to how it was before your javascript fix.
    Seolin
    Seolin
    Server :
    • NA West

IGN : Seolin

Post by Seolin Fri May 06, 2016 10:08 am

testing my own signature oAo~
    Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:59 am