A gathering place for Vindictus players of any region or server to get together and discuss the game.

[Old Thread] The forum state - Still not finished polishing

Shippuu
    Shippuu
    That Guy
    Server :
    • NA East

IGN : Shippuu

[Old Thread] The forum state - Still not finished polishing Empty [Old Thread] The forum state - Still not finished polishing

Post by Shippuu Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:05 am

December 2016 addendum:

The forums didn't really take off much, so I never dedicated much time into fixing these. It's actually been so long that my capabilities and plans have changed. I plan to remodel most of the forum theme, to eliminate most all of the images used for buttons/icons/etc. As well as some other fixes. But this won't happen until after Vindictus Manual V3 is live.

I made the decision to release the forums not quite 100% finished, but only 99% or so there, based on many factors. Primarily, the more time I spent ironing out small things I didn't like, the further the goalpost for completion moved away from me. Putting it in perspective, I've been "a hair off done" for weeks now. Rather than continue that infinite loop for any longer, I'll cut it off now and open the forums now.

There are still a few default-style buttons/icons/etc. These will be tackled as I spot them. There are still a few lopsided buttons/elements; I will go back and tidy those up once the remaining elements are styled properly.

The Custom BBCodes I've added are a new concept to me, so they may run into issues I have not foreseen. Please bear with me on this, I will fix any issues that arise with them as they appear, but there may be a learning curve.

Last edited by Shippuu on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Shippuu
    Shippuu
    That Guy
    Server :
    • NA East

IGN : Shippuu

[Old Thread] The forum state - Still not finished polishing Empty Re: [Old Thread] The forum state - Still not finished polishing

Post by Shippuu Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:40 pm

A year and a quarter later, this remains basically unchanged; infact with some of these features scrapped (and now being removed off the initial post).

However, as of today, the forums now have a non-default icon! This was intended to be the icon used on Vindictus Manual v3, but then things happened...

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:48 pm