A gathering place for Vindictus players of any region or server to get together and discuss the game.

December 2019

Shippuu
    Shippuu
    That Guy
    Server :
    • NA East

IGN : Shippuu

December 2019 Empty December 2019

Post by Shippuu Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:34 am

December 4

A new priority goal has arisen for the Armory's development. Memcache has failed at its goal, and will be removed from the server, somehow. It was intended to accelerate response times from the server, but has randomly been failing, and is impossible to try to debug due to no error reporting. For this reason, it is being axed.

I have no idea what I will replace it with or how, but it has proven to be a weakpoint that needs to be cut. The Armory can't just randomly stop working throughout the day when it is online, that is unacceptable.

Other than this, Vindictus and IRL are eating all of my time for now.
    Shippuu
    Shippuu
    That Guy
    Server :
    • NA East

December 2019 Empty Re: December 2019

Post by Shippuu Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:44 pm

December 7

Memcache has been stripped from the server, and replaced with a very similar caching program called [Redacted]. At the same time, I have refactored the server to more easily change caching tools in future if [Redacted] runs into issues as well.

Other than that, I've been fixing random calculation bugs and bracelet issues. Apparently I never fully ironed out bracelets.

I've fixed two calculation issues on the Armory, and it seems to now be a 100% match to my ingame stats. The Base Stats module will now strip Stone Skin DEF from your base DEF, so that the Armory can reapply that dynamically. Additionally, that same handler now applies Armor Mastery's bonus if the slot has an item equipped. For now, these default to max rank, but I am thinking on how to handle this.

With bracelets, I have fixed a number of ID mismatch issues where Ruby sockets were visually Emerald, and vice versa. Sockets are still completely incapable of being changed to other socket types, but this bug will have to wait till tomorrow.

Update, 2 AM Dec 8th (technically cheating?):
    Bracelets are mostly fixed. Changing from Superior to Fine and etc now correctly changes the gem, and even uses the correct gem type. The problem is that changing gem types from Diamond to Sapphire for example does not update the select list for gem tiers. So I'm halfway there.

The confusing part is that due to how that other select works, this being broken sometimes doesn't matter, and causes inconsistent behavior. That is on my list to fix tomorrow, actual tomorrow this time.

Last edited by Shippuu on Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Redacting a program's name out of paranoia)
    Shippuu
    Shippuu
    That Guy
    Server :
    • NA East

Post by Shippuu Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:30 am

December 9

Bracelet sockets now function correctly and stably. I remodeled the slightly complex fix I setup yesterday, and managed to simplify it. This left me some currently commented out code blocks if I ever need to turn them back on, to support multiple values per option on a select list.

I also ended up fixing a bug with fusion, where items would only set color values if the stat item could be dyed in that box. Slight oversight there.

I now have two standing things I want to finish, and the time to do both of them, finally.

1: Negative infusions are currently not supported, but need to be. I skipped over it in the initial implementation because negative rolls for ATT, M.ATT, and DEF needed extra handling. I need to finally go back and do that.

2: The Battles module isn't fully finished yet. The page for info about a specific battle doesn't show anything except the list of enemies in it currently. Ideally, it should also show the stat caps for that battle, and hopefully fit in the QB reqs too.
    Shippuu
    Shippuu
    That Guy
    Server :
    • NA East

Post by Shippuu Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:27 pm

December 12

A general status change has occurred today in the development of the Armory.

A Nexon employee in the official Vindictus discord has stated to a user that unpacking the client is a permanent ban level offense, with no context or qualifiers provided. In other words, unpacking the client for any reason, including for developing a fan site, will see you permanently banned.

Obviously, like in 2016/2017, the Armory will not go online in these conditions. That would be stupid of me. Of anyone. The Armory cannot work without that data, and so there can be no site.
    Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:05 pm